At John R. Lewis High School:
- We prepare students to be principled and open-minded inquirers.
- We challenge students academically with diverse and authentic learning opportunities.
- We empower students to become reflective, knowledgeable, risk takers.
- We encourage students to take pride in their contributions to their local, national and global communities.
At John Lewis HS, we build bridges to connect Lancers to their full potential; we honor all, we educate all, and we empower all. At John Lewis HS, all means all.
Honor. Educate. Empower. Repeat.
We Believe in:
- Community Connectedness
- Equity among our diverse Cultures
- Strong collaborative Instruction
As a national leader and legend in the Civil Rights movement, John R. Lewis believed in the importance of everyone doing their PART to move our society forward in a positive direction. As members of the John Lewis school community we believe it is essential that all students and staff do their PART to make Lewis a place that is welcoming, inclusive and values the diversity and success of all Lancers.
In the learning environment we are committed to doing our PART in the following ways.
Participate and engage in learning
Arrive on time and be prepared
Respect for self, others, culture and property
Technology is utilized at appropriate times & ways
“You must do something. Democracy is not a state. It is an act, and each generation must do its part to help build what we called the Beloved Community, a nation and world society at peace with itself.” ~John R. Lewis